Thankful Thoughts




Crazy to believe that I ventured out on my own eight years ago after being at ABC News 4 for more than five years. It has been quite a journey from building a hospital (obviously not by myself) to representing companies internationally to having a sports division to Nelwater, I don't think I could have prepared myself for all this if I'd known ahead of time. 

Sometimes when life gives you lemons, you add them to your cocktails and live it up! 

With Thanksgiving here, it's a time to take a breath and be grateful. 2017 hasn't been quite a good year personally as we lost Darren's dad, mom broke her bad leg and dad had a seizure but when we celebrate this week, we will remember why we are so lucky to be alive.  Nelwater moved into a larger location after getting beaten up by Hurricane Matthew. Moving is never fun and if I have it my way, it will be last time for decades. But we have a roof over our head and that's what matters. 


Shooting Irma's Destruction 



Nelwater Mascot
Thanks to all my clients - past and present - who have taught me so much and made every day an adventure.  I've been lucky enough to work in a variety of arenas - from food & beverage, healthcare, sporting events, political campaigns and more. I am grateful for each person who has come into my professional life. I'm also grateful I had the chance to become a mom to a spitfire of a child. Our Nelwater mascot is now at the age where she's going with me to events, and she's far from shy when we go out! I don't know where she got that from. HA! 


I am thankful for my loyal colleagues that have been by my side every step of this journey. Having them with me and learning from them is what makes every day a creative and learning adventure. Without the support of our accounts manager Natalie Grantham, I would be lost! She's the excel to my spreadsheet and the "Martha" of creativity. Special love also goes out to our web colleague Laura Carson. 

Nelwater Mascot & Natalie 

I am thankful that I can spend my spare time helping Lowcountry Lab Rescue. As the pro-bono PR representative, I have personally seen how their work affects not only a dog's life but the lives around them. They even give me a better reason to shop Amazon (Go to Smile.Amazon.com and choose the charity of your choice! I chose LLR). I am thankful for clients like Rusty Rudder in Mount Pleasant who has chosen them as their beneficiary of their Miracle Mondays. The impact from this kind gesture is beyond amazing.
I am thankful for my supportive husband, who not only chairs the Nelwater Sports division and creates kick ass demo reels for announcers,  he stays busy as a play by play announcer for college sports. Pretty much any sport that is played, he has called. He's been my #1 fan since the day we met and I'm grateful for his insight on this crazy life we live. 




As thankful as I am, I am ready for a 2018 with vigor and happiness. Thanks to all who has made a difference in my life and the lives of those I love. Cheers to everyone. May your Thanksgiving be filled with love, laughter and wine. 











Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye to a Vibrant Soul - Dottie Frank

Farewell to Dean Stephens of WCIV-TV