There's a Warrior Where you Least Expect

Last night was the 2nd annual Warriors Wear Pink Mobile Boutique, it was in a different part of town and although the turnout wasn't what we all expected...I think due to the location, I was truly impressed by the entire event and those I met last night. First off, I have to give a round of applause to Angelique Cunningham of rosita jones studio. I've known Angie for years when I used to sell my jewelry in her shop on King Street. She now has an exclusive shop in West Ashley and is custom blending  nail polish that is formaldehyde free and awesome! Anyway, Angie made a "Warrior" Pink exclusively for last night's event and donated the proceeds to Warriors Wear Pink. What was so great about it was that Angie had never met Leslie until yesterday, when I called Angie up to ask her to be a part of the event, she jumped at the chance. Ironically, Angie lost one of her close friends Deborah to breast cancer this week so this event meant even more to her and gave her a renewed spirit. 
The Warrior Pink Color Made Exclusively for the Night! 



While I was running my big mouth asking everyone in the room to come buy the nail polish, two young girls came up to the table. One was a 30-something blonde, the other a 20-something Asian girl...both very young with great smiles. When they approached the table, I asked them how they heard about the event and then they both told us they had breast cancer. We couldn't believe it. The blonde had met Leslie during chemo and wanted to come and support her event and brought along her new friend, the 20-something who was still fighting this disease. Being the nosy person & former reporter that I am I asked her "How old are you? Does this run in your family?" And she said she was only 27 and no there was no history of breast cancer in her family. Wow. They told us more of their stories and all I could think of was how much of a warrior each one of these women were. And if it wasn't for people like Leslie Moore, who created Warriors Wear Pink, there may not be a place for these younger women to come together and support each other during the crummiest times of their life. I felt honored to be in a room with these women, and even though every piece of clothing didn't sell last night, that wasn't what mattered. 


There will be many more Warriors Wear Pink Mobile Boutiques and I hope many other women will come out, whether they're breast cancer survivors or not... just to see the spirit of others, feel the camaraderie and know that there is a warrior in us all. 


I want to thank all the local media outlets that help us promote this great event and to all those who took the time to help with this. I wish Leslie the best of luck, but I know she won't need it because she's found her path to help others...one pair of earrings or jeans at a time. 


Until the next Warriors Wear Pink MoBo..take a moment to check them out on Facebook - CLICK HERE! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye to a Vibrant Soul - Dottie Frank

Farewell to Dean Stephens of WCIV-TV